Job Listings and Openings
If you have questions about our job openings, feel free to email us at [email protected]
Graphic Designer – Communication and Social Media
The Beirut Urban Lab is looking to hire an in-house graphic designer to work on the Lab’s design and communication needs. Working within a small team, the designer will develop content and promotional material for the Lab’s events and activities, manage the Lab’s social media platforms, art direct the Lab’s website, and engage in conceptualizing and producing visual material in support of the Lab’s research work (publications, reports, presentations, digital publishing…).
The Beirut Urban Lab has a core mapping and data visualization track with an extensive visual output regularly produced. The designer’s ability to support these efforts by having skills in developing infographics, fine-tuning maps, and visualizing data at large would be a plus.
- Engage in meetings and discussion sessions with research leads, coordinators and project team members to strategize and plan communication needs and rollouts;
- Propose design directions for the promotion of particular events and activities;
- Refine, edit, adapt, and finalize visual material to be used in communication roll-outs;
- Prepare research-based images and visual material for the Lab’s website;
- Maintain the image/visual content and the general art direction of the Lab’s website;
- Manage the Lab’s visual content on social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin);
- Design and produce publications, reports, presentations, and other publishing material in close coordination with project research teams;
- Assist in developing infographics, maps, and other data visualization material.
Candidates should have an undergraduate degree in Graphic design or the equivalent experience. A preference is given to applicants with a minimum of two years professional experience, especially if in the field of social media and communication.
Knowledge of desktop publishing software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign…) is required. Knowledge of web publishing software as well as digital mapping platforms and GIS is a huge plus. Candidates need to be able to work in English and in Arabic.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send your CV and portfolio with a cover letter stating your interest in the position to Ms. Antonia Maria Bahna ([email protected]) with the subject “Urban Lab Graphic Designer”. Applications will be reviewed mid-June, 2023 and evaluation will be conducted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
The Beirut Urban Lab, in line with the American University of Beirut, is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
The internship program at BUL engages undergraduate/graduate students with ongoing projects and provides them with a focused and challenging research experience related to urbanization and current urban transformation processes in Lebanon.
Deadline for internship applications• Summer Session (June - August): May 1st
• Fall Session (September - December): August 1st
• Spring Session (February - May): December 1st
If you would like to be part of our team, submit your application to [email protected]
The affiliates program strengthens collaborations between professionals, experts, academics, Ph.D. candidates and BUL researchers and facilitates for their contribution to ongoing research projects.
Affiliation applications are accepted for consideration all year long for scholars who are doing research related to one of the BUL’s research program areas:
• Social Value of Land
• Urban Recovery
• Critical Mapping
• Planning Actors and Scales
• Spatial Practices
• Urban Informality
If you would like to be part of our team and our developing projects, submit your application to [email protected]